Full-Time, from $13-14 per hour
About American Thrift
American Thrift Stores is a regional store operation with locations in Florida, New Jersey and New York. We are the premier shopping location for the ultimate treasure hunt. We are always looking for talented, driven, creative people to join our team. Whether you have years of experience or just embarking on a new career path, we have many roles that offer growth, advancement and benefits. Be part of our team!
The Cashier will use cash registers and related equipment to conduct monetary transactions with customers.
- Greets customers as they enter the location.
- Accepts money in the form of cash, checks and credit or debit cards for items purchased.
- Assist’s customers with questions or price discrepancies.
- Ensures accurate transactions by balancing cash register at the beginning and end of shift.
- Identifies prices of products and services and tabulates bills with available equipment.
- Assists customers in locating various products, resolving complaints or providing information.
- Bags and wraps purchased items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate available equipment, such as cash registers.
- Basic mathematical skills, as needed to make change.
- Knowledgeable about the company’s products and services and customer-related policies.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
- Prolonged periods standing and working on cash register or related equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May need to work weekends and some holidays.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods of time.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement leave
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Employee discount
- Pet Insurance
We recruit and hire under the EEOC guidelines.