Full-Time, $17.50 per hour
About American Thrift
American Thrift Stores is a regional store operation with locations in Florida, New Jersey and New York. We are the premier shopping location for the ultimate treasure hunt. We are always looking for talented, driven, creative people to join our team. Whether you have years of experience or just embarking on a new career path, we have many roles that offer growth, advancement and benefits. Be part of our team!
We are looking for experienced drivers with great customer service skills to join our team. A typical day consists of running a 25 to 35 stop residential route picking up merchandise, including large items or furniture items. When you have completed your route, you will unload the merchandise at a designated location the following morning.
- Greet customers when picking up the merchandise and provide excellent customer service.
- Drive to 25 to 35 locations to pick up merchandise.
- Lift merchandise that weighs up to 75lbs.
- Load truck with merchandise.
- Unload merchandise at designated locations the following morning.
- Must be at least 23 years of age (insurance purposes).
- Clean driving record.
- CDL Preferred, not required.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Must be able to use a hand truck and dolly.
- Load and unload trucks using proper lifting techniques to avoid injuries.
- Careful handling of merchandise (including truck and equipment) to ensure no damage.
- Must be willing to submit drug screening and background verification.
- Reliable transportation to commute.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
- May need to work weekends and some holidays.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement leave
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Employee discount
- Pet Insurance
We recruit and hire under the EEOC guidelines.