Furniture Truck Driver
Full-Time, $20.00 per hour
About American Thrift
American Thrift Stores is a regional store operation with locations in Florida, New Jersey and New York. We are the premier shopping location for the ultimate treasure hunt. We are always looking for talented, driven, creative people to join our team. Whether you have years of experience or just embarking on a new career path, we have many roles that offer growth, advancement and benefits. Be part of our team!
The Furniture Truck Driver will be picking up furniture from customers’ homes or businesses, and dropping it off at different store locations.
- Load the truck with furniture and other merchandise.
- Unloaded deliveries for the purpose of distributing shipment at assigned site locations and to appropriate individuals.
- 15-20 stops daily.
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Navigate to each destination on schedule, fill logs and reports of each delivery for an accurate record of what has been completed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience driving-Must be at least 23 years old (for insurance purposes).
- Must be able to 75lbs +
- Must have a clean background check.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
- Physical stamina – driver helpers are responsible for lifting heavy items and unloading equipment onto or off vehicles, so they need the strength and stamina to keep up with this kind of work.
- Teamwork – this role involves working closely with colleagues and assisting them with pickups and loading equipment, so applicants need to have professional collaboration skills.
- Punctuality – driver helpers work a tight schedule and are required to complete a certain amount of deliveries in a set time frame, so they must be punctual and manage their time efficiently.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement leave
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Employee discount
- Pet Insurance