Full-Time, From $14.00 per hour
About American Thrift
American Thrift Stores is a regional store operation with locations in Florida, New Jersey and New York. We are the premier shopping location for the ultimate treasure hunt. We are always looking for talented, driven, creative people to join our team. Whether you have years of experience or just embarking on a new career path, we have many roles that offer growth, advancement and benefits. Be part of our team!
You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment, build systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Unload trucks.
- Storing materials, picking and packing.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Install appliances and equipment.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g., ventilation)
- Report to facilities or maintenance manager for issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of on-the-job training.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement leave
- Career growth opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Employee discount
- Pet Insurance
We recruit and hire under the EEOC guidelines.